Ghevar recipe:- Ghevar recipe is a very popular and famous Indian sweet recipe Ghevar recipe is particularly associated with the Rajasthani cuisine. Ghevar is a round shaped sweet recipe, Ghevar is make with all-purpose flour, ghee (clarified butter), and sugar syrup. It is usually served during many indian festivals like Teej, Raksha Bandhan, and Diwali or other festivals.
So today blog im shearing my favourite Ghevar recipe in a easy way i hope you would like this recipe,
Ghevar making process little tuff in this process pouring a batter, Batter with make all-purpose flour and water into hot oil in a circular motion to create a ring-shaped disc. and after that The disc is fried until it turns crispy and golden brown in colours. The center of the ghevar is kept hollow, which gives it its unique texture.
After frying ghevar, Ghevar is soaked in a sugar syrup which is made with sugar, water, and milk, which gives it sweet taste. Once the sugar syrup has seeped into the Ghevar, thab Ghevar is garnished with slivered almonds and pistachios and served as a dessert or sweets.
Prep time: 10-15 minutes Cooking time: 45-50 minutes Serves: 9-10 ghevars (depending on shape and size)
#1 Ghevar Ingredients:
- Ghee 1/2 cup
- Ice cubes 3 nos.
- Refined flour 1.5 cup
- Gram flour 1 tbsp
- Chilled water 3 cups
- Lemon juice 1.5 tsp
- Oil / ghee for frying
#2 How To Make Ghevar Recipe
Let’s start read more
#3 Method For Making Ghevar
#4 How To Make Ghevar Batter
1. First of all we will take a pan and set a pan on medium heat, now we will add ghee and just melt it, do not heat it a lot.
2. After that we will use a mixer grinder, now in a mixer grinder, we will add the melted ghee and few ice cubes, and grind it well until the ghee gets frozen, scrap off the frozen ghee on the grinder jar wall,
3. Remember one thing make sure if there is any water in the jar make sure to drain it off, there should be no water.
4. Once our ghee frozen than we will add refined flour and besan in batches and combine the ghee and flour together, the texture of batter should be crumbly and not at all like a dough.
5. Once batter becomes crumbly, now we will add chilled water in batches and grind it well, for make a smooth flowy batter.
6. Remember The temperature of batter should be chilled throughout the grinding & combining process.
7. Once a smooth and flowy batter is ready than we will transfer it in a squeezy bottle, and keep the batter refrigerated until you fry them for making ghevar.
#5 How To Fry Ghevar
8. For making ghevar, we will take a flat bottom vessel now set oil / ghee in a flat bottom vessel,
9. So here i’m using almost 6-inch round ring that is almost 2 inch in height, you can use any kind of shape or size cutter or ring,
10. Now you have to put the ring in the center of oil and the oil has to be almost 1 cm lower to the rim of the ring.
11. Once the our oil is heated well then we will pour in the chilled batter in batches, as soon as you pour little batter there will be bubbles formed, and so it is necessary to keep the batter chilled,
12. Remember as when the cold batter is fried in hot oil the formation of bubbles makes those mesh pattern to make ghevar.
13. So once you pour the batter little by little in batches for at least 7-8 times, a layer will be formed,
14. Now carefully we will make a hole in the center using a rolling pin, once the hole is formed, pour the batter again in batches in the center for at least 10-12 times more, in total you have to pour 18-20 times,
15. If you use more batter you pour thicker the ghevar will be. You can make these ghevar in advance and keep it in an airtight container for couple of days.
16. To ensure that the ghevar batter should be chilled throughout the frying process you can dip the bottle in ice cold water. now Your ghevars are ready, no we will serve by dipping it or pouring some sugar syrup and topping it with lacche wali rabdi and some dry fruits nuts of your choice.
#7 How To Make Rabadi
- Lacche wali rabadi Ingredients:
- Milk 1.5 litre (full fat)
- Sugar 3 tbsp
- Cardamom powder a pinch
1. For making rabadi we will take a heavy bottom pan or kadai In a heavy bottom pan, we will put milk and bring the milk to a boil. and lower the heat and stir continuously so to prevent the milk to stick to the bottom of the pan.
2. Once the layer of the cream starts to form, start collecting the cream on the edges of the pan.
3. Scrape of the cream layer stuck on the edges and repeat the process until the milk reduces to 1/3rd.
4. Now we will add sugar, and cook for 10-12 minutes while stirring. The consistency of the rabadi should be little liquidy.
5. And after that we will add little a pinch of cardamom powder to elevate rabadi flavour. and Cool down the rabadi and refrigerate it before serving.
#8 Sugar syrup Ingredients:
- Sugar 1 cup
- Water 1 cup
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
1. We will take a pan or kadai and set a pan on medium heat, now we will add water, sugar & lemon juice, and stir it and let the sugar dissolve.
2. Once sugar is dissolve bring to a rolling boil and we will cook until it comes to one string consistency.
3. for check sugar syrup to check dip the spoon in the sugar syrup and let the syrup rest for few seconds on the spoon and now take it on your finger, now dap between your index finger and thumb, it should form one string consistency. it means your sugar syrup is ready.
4. Now we will switch off the stove flame and let the syrup cool down. and we will serve it by dipping the ghevar in it or simply pour it over the ghevar.
Ghevar recipe is a very popular Indian sweet recipe that is very easy to make but requires some practice to perfect. This ghevar recipe is a great starting point for those who want to try making Ghevar at home. for its crisp and crunchy texture and sweet syrupy flavor, Ghevar is sure to be a hit with anyone who tries it.
So friends definitely try this wonderful and very delicious sweets ghevar recipe in your kitchen and tell me in comments box how did you like this ghevar recipe and share this ghevare recipe with your friends and family, i hope you would like this ghevar recipe take care.