Dum Aloo :- Dum Aloo Recipe Is a very popular and famous recipe in india Dum Aloo make with potato with flavorful tomato based gravy, Dum aloo is served as a main course with rice and tandoori roti and naan. Dum Aloo is available in indian hotel and restaurants very easly, dam aloo recipe is very delicious recipe Read More
Prep time: 10-15 minutes Cooking time: 35-40 minutes Serves: 4-5 people
#1 How To Make Dum Aloo
So friends today im sharing my favorite recipe Dum Aloo ki recipe which will make very easily so lets make dum aloo
#2 Ingredients For Dum Aloo
- POTATO 500 GRAMS (SMALL & ROUND)
- WATER AS REQUIRED
- SALT A PINCH
- MUSTARD OIL AS REQUIRED
- BLACK CARDAMOM 2 NOS.
- GREEN CARDAMOM 4 NOS.
- CINNAMON 2 INCH.
- CUMIN SEEDS 1/2 TSP
- BAY LEAF 2 NOS.
- CLOVES 4-5 NOS.
- KASHMIRI RED CHILLI POWDER 3 TBSP
- HOT WATER AS REQUIRED
- ASAFOETIDA 1 TSP
- FENNEL SEED POWDER 2 TBSP
- GINGER POWDER 1 TSP
- SALT TO TASTE
- HOT WATER AS REQUIRED
#3 Method For Making aloor dum
1. Firs of all we will add 500g potatoes in a pressure cooker followed by plenty of water & we will add a pinch of salt, you can also boiled Potatoes in a big vessel.
#4 How To Cook potatoes
2. Now pressure cook the potatoes over a high flame for 1 whistle only then we will switch off the flame & let the cooker de-pressurize naturally or room temperature.
3. Now we will further take the potatoes out from the pressure cooker & peel them once potatoes will cool down.
4. Then we will poke the holes into the potatoes we will using a fork or a toothpick, this method will help them to fry properly.
#5 How To Fry Potatoes
5. Now we will fry potatoes To fry the potatoes we will take a kadhai and set a kadhai over the flame & add ample amount of mustard oil in it, if you have not mustard oil than you can use any kind of eatable oil the oil should be enough to partially cover the potatoes when you will fry them.
6. Now we will switch on the flame to high & heat the oil until it reaches its smoking point then we will lower the flame & allow the oil to cool down slightly.
7. Now at this stage we will add the potatoes and fry them without stirring initially so that they start turning slightly golden from the bottom, then stir & fry them over medium high flame until potatoes will turn golden & crispy from the all sides.
8. Once our potatoes fried, than we will transfer the potatoes into a sieve & let them cool down,
8. Now we will poke the potatoes again using a toothpick or a fork, this will help the spices & gravy to seep into the potatoes so that they become very flavorful from the inside,so now your fried potatoes for dum aloo are completely ready.
#7 Now we will make Mortar
9. In a mortar we will add the 2 black cardamom, 4 green cardamom & 2 inch cinnamon stick & pound them very slightly so that the cardamom pods will break open & the cinnamon stick will also breaks.
10. Now we will take some oil out from the kadhai to make the gravy for dum aloo & heat the oil in the kadhai.
#8 How To Make Gravy for aloo dum
11. Now oil is hot now we will add the 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 2 bay leaf, 4-5 cloves & the crushed spices,
12. And now mix 3 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder in hot water in a separate bowl
13. And we will add this paste, and stir it well & cook the spices & the kashmiri red chilli powder for 1-2 minutes over low flame.
14. At this stage we will add asafoetida, fennel seed powder & ginger powder, stir well & cook for 3-4 minutes over medium flame.
15. So our gravy is ready for dum aloo.
#9 How To Make Dum Aloo
16. At this stage we will add the fried potatoes along with salt according to taste & stir it well, make sure you turn the flame to medium high at this stage & cook the potatoes for 5-6 minutes.
17. now Add hot water only till the surface of the potatoes & bring it to a rolling boil. Once your gravy comes to a rolling boil, than cover the kadhai with a lid & place some weight on the lid,
18. you can also use foil paper to cover the kadhai for dum cooking.
19. Now we will cook dum aloo over low flame for 20-25 minutes. Once dum aloo cooked now take off the lid,
20. Now you’ll see that the dum aloo gravy has reduced, your authentic dum aloo’s gravy is thick but you can adjust the consistency as per your preference, and taste & adjust seasoning accordingly.
21 So your authentic, and very delicious & easy dum aloo is ready, now we will serve it hot with rice, roti naan and puri
Dum Aloo is a very delicious and popular Indian potato dish that is very easy to make and packed with flavor. The baby potatoes are cooked in a rich and flavorful tomato-based sauce, seasoned with fragrant spices like cumin, coriander, turmeric, and red chili powder. The addition of garam masala and yogurt at the end adds a creamy and slightly tangy touch to the dish. Dum Aloo is perfect to serve as a main course with rice or Indian bread and is sure to satisfy your taste buds with its delicious and comforting flavors.
So try this very delicious dum aloo recipe in your home and tell me in comment box how did you like this wonderful dum aloo recipe and share this recipe with your friend and family and enjoyed this delicious Dum Aloo Recipe take care.