Pav bhaji recipe is a very popular street food dish in India. pav bhaji is a spicy curry made with a mixture of many vegetables, such as potatoes, tomatoes, onions, and bell peppers, and it is served with a soft bread roll called pav. pav bhaji is often garnished with coriander leaves and a squeeze of lemon juice and lot of butter.
Hey what’s up guys you are welcome on my new blog so friends today friend today i am making pav bhaji recipe (Street style pav bhaji)
So friend let’s make some delicious pav bhaji recipe today I will be sharing my pav bhaji recipe with you guys fully detailed recipe with all tricks and tips which turn out to be extremely delicious pav bhaji recipe
Prep time: 30-35 minutes Cooking time: 30-35 minutes Serves: 7-8 people
Firstly I will be sharing my homemade pav bhaji masala recipe then I will tell you how to perfectly preparation all your vegetables and masala for the pav bhaji
Then we will prepare our delicious Street style pav bhaji recipe the pav bhaji will be bright red in colour without the use of artificial colour then we will also preparation a garlic chutney which is served with the pav bhaji
And lastly I will also tell you how to properly preparation the pavs to be served with bhaji,
So friends overall I will be sharing the perfect Street style pav bhaji recipe with you let’s do this
How to make pav bhaji masala
Pav bhaji masala Ingredients:
- ● Coriander seeds 5 tbsp
- ● Cumin seeds 3 tbsp
- ● Cloves 20-22 nos.
- ● Star anise 4-5 nos.
- ● Black cardamom 5-6 nos.
- ● Cinnamon 3-4 sticks
- ● Bay leaf 4-5 nos.
- ● Kashmiri red chillies 20-25 nos.
- ● Fennel seeds 3 tbsp
- ● Kasuri methi 2 tbsp
- ● Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- ● Dry ginger powder ½ tsp
- ● Hing 1 tsp
- ● Kaala namak 1 tsp
- ● Aamchur powder 1 tbsp
- ● Salt 1 tbsp
1. So friends I have taken a fry Pan and we will put 5 table spoon coriander seeds, 3 table spoon cumin seeds, and dry roast on low flame for 2 minutes and I will add 20 cloves, We will add Chakri fhool( star anise) 5 no, 5 black cardamom, 3,4 stick cinnamon, 4,5 bay leaves, 20 Kashmiri Red chillies, 3 table spoon fennel seed, we will dry roast on low flame until fragrant, and we will add two table a spoon kasuri methi, after the kasuri methi transfer to a plate to cool down cool down to room temperature and transfer into a grinding jar.
2. Now we will add one table spoon turmeric powder, 1 table spoon dry ginger powder, 1 table spoon dry mango powder, 1 table spoon black salt, and one table spoon Asafoetida, and one table spoon salt, and we will grind it fine powder. so friends our home made pav bhaji masala is ready, we will store in a air tight container refrigerator for up to 3 months, so friends our homemade pav bhaji masala is ready which turn out amazing you should try cooking pav bhaji by using this masala.
3. I am sure you would love it, it is an absolute game changer so do try this recipe at home you can also use this masala in your home but I will suggest you guys to prepare this in small quantities and use it within a couple of months it will not get spoil for at least 6 month but the flavours start to get Dull, so try making a smaller batch and use it in a couple of months I give using this pav bhaji masala in other recipe too you can use the same masala in other recipe too,
How to make garlic paste
- ● Kashmiri red chillies 15-20 nos. (deseeded & soaked)
- ● Water as required Garlic paste:
- ● Garlic cloves 3/4th cup
- ● Water as required Boiling veggies:
- ● Boiling water
- ● Phool gobhi 1 medium sized
- ● Hare matar 3/4th cup
- ● A pinch of haldi powder
- ● A pinch of salt
4. next we will be preparing some garlic paste, chilli paste, and do some pre preparation so let’s do that,
5. I am taking about 20 Kashmiri Red chillies and we will desseded and socked, now add into a grinding jar and add water as required to make a fine and smooth paste the consistency of the paste should be a little runny, so friends our Kashmiri red chilli paste is ready, Now we will take half cup garlic cloves in a jar and we will add water as required and grind to make a fine and watery garlic paste, the consistency of the paste should be watery, so friends our garlic paste is ready,
6. So friends the Kashmiri red chilli and garlic paste is ready the Kashmiri red chilli paste is going to give our pav bhaji recipe a bright red colour
7. And no need to add any sort of artificial colour to this recipe the Kashmiri red chilli paste gives really bright red colour to the bhaji even you guys should make this paste, and also I have prepared the garlic paste by adding a lot of water to it this time it into a garlic flavoured water which gives a really nice flavour to the pav bhaji recipe, street food vendors also users similar garlic water with gives really good flavour to the pav bhaji,
8. So I have prepared another paste to which is a green chilli paste just grind green chilli in a mixer grinder and make a simple paste out of it, this paste will be added to increase the spiceness of the bhaji because Kashmiri red chilli are not spicy
9. We will use some amount of the paste to make the bhaji and the remaining paste will be used to prepare garlic chutney with we will prepare after cooking the bhaji, this chutney is a served along side the pav bhaji and taste really good, so I will share this recipe with you guys too,
Base bhaji Ingredients:
- ● Butter 50 gm + oil 2 tbsp
- ● Jeera seeds 2 tsp
- ● Onions 2-3 medium size (chopped)
- ● Capsicum 2 medium size (chopped)
- ● Potatoes 7-8 medium size (boiled & mashed)
- ● Tomatoes 7-8 medium size (chopped)
- ● Boiled green peas
- ● Boiled cauliflower florets
- ● Beetroot 1 medium size (boiled & grated)
- ● Fresh coriander a handful (chopped)
- ● Salt to taste
● Prepared pav bhaji masala
- 2 tbsp
- ● Kashmiri red chilli 1 tsp
- ● Dhaniya powder 1 tbsp
- ● Haldi powder ½ tsp
- ● Kasuri methi 1 tsp
- ● Green chilli paste (paste of 2 green chillies)
- ● Prepared garlic paste 7-8 tbsp
- ● Prepared red chilli paste 7-8 tbsp
- ● Hot water as required
- For tadka:
- ● Butter 50 grams
- ● A pinch of jeera seeds
- ● Prepared red chilli paste 4-5 tbsp
- ● Garlic paste/water 2-3 tbsp
- ● Pav bhaji masala 1 tsp
- ● A pinch of garam masala
- ● Salt to taste
- ● Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- ● Butter as per your preference
- ● Lemon juice 1 tsp
10. So in the pre preparation we have prepared all the pastes, while making pav bhaji at home specially if you want to make Street style pav bhaji recipe, lot of time people say that they can’t prepare pav bhaji similar to the street style pav bhaji recipe version, for that the pre preparation is a pretty basic but is really important to do it properly,
So friends now I am telling you how do I prepare when I cook pav bhaji firstly I have boiled four vegetable over hair here,
11. I am taking potato, cabbage, green peas, and beetroot, I have pressure cooked the potatoes and beetroot separately the reason for doing that is they take a lot of time to cook so I have pressure cooked them I have boiled the cauliflower and green pecs separately the reason for not cooking the cauliflower in a pressure cooker is that it’s relates a foul smell if you pressure cook it and the potatoes catch hold of that smell and then when you cook the pav bhaji at home it usually smells a little of because of this,
12. This is one big reason that Home style pav bhaji does not turn out like the street style one, so while the vegetable separately while boiling the cauliflower remember to add some salt and turmeric in the water boiled the vegetable like I have mentioned,
13. Next I have some chopped vegetables I have onion, capsicum, tomatoes, and fresh coriander leaves, these four vegetables are the only vegetables to be chopped,
please vegetable should be chopped RAW and used these vegetable should not be boiled at all, usually I have seen a lot of people who boil all vegetables together and prepare pav bhaji recipe, that method don’t give nice result,
14. The freshness of the tomatoes and capsicum have to be kept intact in the pav bhaji recipe for it to taste exactly market style pav bhaji,
15. So remember this point apart from these vegetable I have some spices with me and I obviously have a butter which is a must for babaji pav bhaji is incomplete without lots of butter I will mention the quantities of these ingredients when I am cooking the pav bhaji recipe, So sit back and don’t stress about it, next step is to cook the pav bhaji of our pav bhaji,
How to cook pav bhaji
16. Here I am using a big iron tawa skillet, and I am using here 50 gram butter butter is melting now I am adding 2 table spoon oil, after that I am adding 2 tablespoon cumin seed, and after that I am adding 3 medium size chopped onion, and we will stir and cook on medium High flame until the onions turn pinkish in colour, and at this stage we will add 2 medium sized chopped capsicum, and cook the capsicum for 3 minutes on high flame, now we will add 8 medium sized boiled potatoes,
17. And we will add 8 medium sized chopped tomatoes, now we will add boiled cauliflower 1 medium size one cup boiled green peas 1 medium size boiled beetroot and a handful of fresh chopped coriander leaves, and finally we will add salt according to test and they we will add prepared pav bhaji masala 2 table spoon one table spoon Kashmiri red chilli powder 1 tablespoon coriander powder, half teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon kasuri methi, and two tablespoon green chilli paste,
18. We will mix it really well and try to break down the vegetables chunks with the spatula, and we will add 8 table spoon of garlic paste water, and add 8 table spoon of red chilli paste, and we will mix it well, and we will add two cups of hot water now start mashing the bhaji with the pav bhaji masher, and keep the flame low and mash the bhaji really well, nice until the vegetables in the bhaji have almost been crushed, now I have mashed the complete bhaji once, you may have to add some more water to mash the bhaji nicely,
19. friend I like the consistency of my bhaji to be towards the semi thick to thin side, so to make Street style like pav bhaji recipe don’t keep the consistency of the bhaji really thick, continue to add hot water and mash the desired consistency of the bhaji is achieved, this complete process of cooking would it take about 20 minutes this step of adding water and continue to mash is really important to get the perfect consistency, so friends this is the perfect consistency for the bhaji now let’s prepare the tadka tempering,
How to prepare Tadka (tempering)
20. I am using a fry pan and in this I am adding 50 grams of butter is melting now we will add A pinch of cumin seeds, and we will add prepared red chilli paste 5 tbsp, we will add 3 table spoon garlic paste water, and one tablespoon pav bhaji masala, A pinch of garam Masala, cook on medium High flame for 2 minutes or until the oil is released and we will add the tadka into the bhaji, and mix it well, now we will check the salt and adjust as per taste, and we will add freshly chopped coriander leaves and lots of butter as per your preference and we will add one table spoon lemon juice and mix it well, and cook for 3 minutes so friends finally our pav bhaji recipe is ready
21. So friends the pav bhaji is ready and as you can see that it has the perfect and it has the perfect texture and consistency and has tourn out to be delicious, a lot of people keep saying that homemade pav bhaji does not turn out like the one you get on the streets so if you guys want to make the perfect Street style pav bhaji at home just remember a few things,
22. Firstly follow the pr-eparation method I have tell you do it exactly like I have done it secondly for the colour I have used beetroot and Kashmiri red chilli these two ingredients give the perfect red colour so no need to use artificial colour later let’s talk about the consistency and texture, you need to add water and keep mashing using a potato masher,this process takes around 20 minutes sometimes it take around 10 to 15 minutes too, But remember to follow this process nicely So you will add some water to the bhaji and then mash the bhaji nicely using a masher,
23. then you will check if the vegetables are crushed properly or not if you feel they are not crushed then add some more water and mash it properly, you have to keep doing this process until you get the perfect pav bhaji consistency usually at home we don’t mash the vegetables properly and we do not add adequate water to it, that is why the street style pav bhaji feel is sometimes missing when you cook it at home.
24. so you need to add adequate amount of water and mash nicely, but also make sure to not add a lot of water which will make it like a gravy and become saucy, and also the texture of the vegetable should not feel like they have been ground in a mixture grinder, there should be some texture left they should not be too thick or too thin, if you keep this in mind your bhaji will turn out perfect, so friends I have mention all this tips and tricks in the blog but I am mentioning if here again so that your pav bhaji turns out amazing,
25. Next you guys must have notice that I have used a big tawa to make the bhaji it is not as a big as it is around 18 inch in diameter usually I use this tava to make pav bhaji and other tawa items,
If you are a pav bhaji fan and you keep making tawa recipe at your home then you can buy sometimes like this, if you don’t have it your pav bhaji will still turn out perfect firstly I have made this pav bhaji considering it people in mind considering this is the only this then will be having if you are serving something else do then this serve around 8 to 10 easily,
26. if you are making pav bhaji for for people then you can easily make it in a fry pan you can make the base in a kadai and then cook the tadka in a fry Pan in batches and adjust the consistency over there the trick here is to have a flat bottom vessel on top of it is the pav bhaji masher which mashes the layer of pav bhaji in between nicely, so you need a flat surface because of which you cannot make pav bhaji in a kadai,
27. so friends our bhaji is ready now let’s make the garlic chutney,
how to make garlic chutney
28. So I am using a fry pan now we will add 2 table spoon oil,1 table spoon cumin seed, and I am adding red chilli paste half cup which I have already made, and we will add remaining garlic paste water half cup, and we will add salt according to taste, and one table spoon pav bhaji masala 1 tablespoon garam Masala, one table spoon cumin powder, one tablespoon black salt, two table spoon green chilli paste, and one table spoon fresh chopped coriander leaves,
29. And we will add one tablespoon lemon juice stir and cook on high flame until the oil separate from the chutney, so friends our great garlic chatni is also ready, chutney is ready and it taste really good when prepared with the pav bhaji, sometimes a lot of people like the pav bhaji to be a little spicy and you prefer it to be less spicy,
30. So you can service chatni along side which will enhance the spice level of the disc if served with the bhaji
How to prepare pav
31. Now let see how to prepare the perfect pav for our pav bhaji,
So I am taking a pav slit the pav from the centre keeping the end intact and now I am adding butter on tava and red garlic chutney two table spoon, fresh coriander leaves one table spoon mix and place the pav on the moderately hot tawa and coat with the butter
32. The tava should not be really hot and also do not over cook or soft pav, if you want to the pav to be a little crisp then you can cook it little further, so friends our hot hot soft maska pav is ready, so let’s plate our pav bhaji, in a plate we will put to pav, some chopped onion,
33. some piece of cucumber, is sprinkle chat masala and red garlic chutney, a lemon wedge, and hot hot pav bhaji, with some coriander leaves and lot of butter so friends our street style pav bhaji recipe is ready and has turn out to be delicious and perfect do try this pav bhaji recipe once and do not forget to follow all my steps.
34. So I have tell you the recipe in full details it is not a difficult process the preparation is pretty straight forward and easy to understand you can prepare this quite easily so do try this recipe and let me know in the comment box if you guys have been following me for a while then you might know my relationship with pav bhaji recipe if you do not know this but the first this I cooked in the kitchen was pav bhaji RECIPE
35. so friends prepare it this the way as I have tell you and I am sure you will enjoy it do share this pav bhaji recipe with your friends and family and hit the like and subscribe button if you like this recipe and follow my blocks if you have not yet have an amazing time with this recipe at your home cheers take care by by
Your Question And Answer
Is Pav Bhaji gain Weight ?
Yes Definitely pav bhaji increase weight because it has lot of calorie lot of butter and many things.
but if you eat this pav bhaji lot of thime then your weight definitely gain.
Is pav bhaji good for health ?
Not necessary in pav bhaji pav, butter, and lot of things which is not batter of health if you eat lot of
time if you eat this sometimes that it is good for health.
How to get red colour in pav bhaji ?
If you dont want use artificial color so you can use kasmiri red chilli and you can also use beetroot of
red color in pav bhaji
If i have not pav bhaji masala what can i do ?
if you have not pav bhaji masala so you can use other spices like black cardamom , coriander powder,
green cardamon, black pepper, fennel seeds, cumin powder,red chilli,cinnemon, clovs and dry mongo
Can i make pav bhaji without onion and garlic?
Yes you can make pav bhaji without onion and garlic you can skip onion and garlic and you dont need
any other ingredient.
Can i make pav bhaji masala at home ?
yes you can make pav bhaji masala at home which i mention in this recipe you can note that.